- Membership is open to any individual in any industry.
- The group will only allow one person from each industry in the group. If a member offers many services in his or her business and one of the services overlaps with another member, the member cannot promote that service to the group. Potential overlaps will be addressed before membership is offered.
- Chesapeake Network Group (CNG) will allow members from multi-level marketing to join the group. The member can inform the group that opportunities exist as an affiliate during the 30 second introductions, but the member cannot use the Weekly Speaker session to discuss the compensation model. The member can only use the Weekly Speaker session to discuss the product portfolio.
- The cost of membership is $50 per year and your attendance commitment. The fee covers administrative costs such as website design and hosting, business cards, operational forms, and marketing activities.
- Members must abide by all policies and attendance requirements.
Attending meetings is a critical aspect to a networking group. It allows members to know each other better, but it also presents a strong image to guests. The Chesapeake Network Group (CNG) will enforce the following attendance policies:
- Each member is allowed three (3) unexcused absences for every six month period. An unexcused absence is any absence where the member is not present or does not send a replacement or visitor in the member’s stead. Merely alerting the group to your absence is not an excused absence. After 3 unexcused absences, the member will receive correspondence (email, phone, or letter) informing them they
have reached this level.
- If a member has five (5) unexcused absences during a six month period, the member will be removed from the group immediately and will forfeit any dues or other benefits of CNG.
- If a member has a medical or personal condition that would prevent the member from conducting normal business, the member may be excused from attending. Each situation requires approval from the CNG board.
- Members should strive to find a fill-in or replacement if the member is unable to attend. Ideally, the replacement would not be from a business category of another member, but that is not a requirement.
- The meetings begin promptly at 8:00am.
The meeting will run from 8:00am until 9:00am the first three (3) Tuesdays of the month. The schedule format is:
- 8:00am Introduction and welcome guests
- 8:05am Network Education
- 8:10am Member introductions followed by guests, if applicable
- 8:30am Weekly Speaker
- 8:35am Business Development Education
- 8:50am Referrals (new and follow up)
- 8:55am Group Business and Upcoming events
Leadership and Committees
CNG will have three officers: President, Vice-President, and Treasurer/Secretary.
The President’s job is to conduct the meetings and ensure CNG is running according to the policies.
The Vice-President fills in for the President when the President is absent. The Vice-President is also responsible for tracking attendance and referrals, including follow ups to see if business took place.
The Secretary/Treasurer handles CNG’s finances and administrative duties such as membership dues collection/renewal and supply management (referral slips, business card box, etc.).
The officers hold office for one year at which point elections are held for new officers. Officers can run for the same office or a different office in consecutive years. However, the group should encourage all members to take a leadership position to strengthen the
CNG will have a membership committee and strategic committee.
The membership committee will be tasked with enrolling and mentoring new members. The membership committee takes the application from prospective members and votes on the prospective member’s application. The membership committee is responsible for teaching the new members about how the group functions and answering any questions the new members have. The membership committee is also responsible for planning and executing special events tailored to increasing membership such as happy hours, presentations, etc.
The strategic committee is responsible with developing the business plan of CNG. The strategic committee reviews the policies of CNG and amends them, if necessary. The strategic committee develops ideas to build the membership of CNG. The President, Vice-President, and Secretary/Treasurer are members of the strategic committee along with two (2) to three (3) other members of the group.
Referrals are a critical element to membership. We strive to become the sales force for each other so each member should work to provide referrals to other group members. At each meeting, we will provide time for members to discuss the referrals they have for other members. We will not go around to each member each week to see if the member has a referral. Rather, we just open the floor to those who have referrals. We will also use this time to follow up and see if previous referrals resulted in business. This will prevent members from providing cold leads just to increase referral statistics.
Each month, the Vice-President will inform the group which member provided the most leads that led to business.
At the end of the year, the Vice-President will inform the group which member provided the most leads that led to business for the year. The member that provides the most business leads for the year receives a free membership for the following year.
Each month, the Vice-President will provide a report to the group showing the number of referrals given, received and resulting business for each member in the group.